Filing a Dependency Action

Some of the most painful situations to confront in family law involve families where one or both parents are unable or unwilling to appropriately care for a child.

These cases are handled in the Juvenile Court system often through the filing of a dependency action either by a private party (such as a family member) or the State itself.

It is of the utmost priority to ensure that a child in a dangerous or unsafe environment is able to find care in a stable home where his or her needs can be met.

If you feel that you may have a case involving a minor and that child is not being appropriately cared for, we can help.

icon white juvenile dependency

Defending a Dependency Action

Unfortunately, there are also cases where the State or a private party has filed a dependency action alleging that a child is not cared for and those allegations are untrue or exaggerated.

In this case, the parents are placed in the difficult and overwhelming position of attempting to fight for their rights as a parent and rebutting serious and sometimes hurtful accusations.

It is important to have an attorney who listens to you and your concerns while guiding you through the process involving the Juvenile Court system and sometimes even the Department of Human Resources.

If you have been involved with dependency with either DHR or a private individual and are fighting for your children, we can help.

Scroll to Top